Hey guys! Since it was my birthday recently, I wanted to make to make it a little more positive and share with you some of the most important things I’ve learned so far during my life. I hope you enjoy this post! Let me know in the comments one of the best life lessons you’ve ever learned that you think I need to know!!
1. You can never be over educated. Listen. Respect your elders. Explore other cultures- Ignorance can be cured but stupidity cannot.
2. Pay close attention to the people who don’t clap when you win. If they don’t celebrate your achievements and respond with jealousy or put you down, ditch them, they’re toxic.
3. Everyone’s path is different, life is not a race.
4. Never change who you are on the inside to please someone else.
5. It’s ok not to be ok.
6. Real Love is/should be easy, but maintaining relationships takes work on both sides.
7. Trust once broken is a thousand times more difficult to repair than to maintain
8. The people who are meant to be in your life will be. Don’t waste your energy chasing or trying to force fake friends to stay.
9. No matter how kind your intentions, some people will hate you for speaking the truth. Save your advice for people who deserve it.
10. Self-care is vital. Poor mental health can have detrimental effects physically as well as mentally, so it’s important to look after yourself in all aspects.
11. No amount of wealth or material gain can make you richer than someone with an abundance of wonderful memories. Don’t waste your life.
12. People grow and change. You should never apologise for evolving positively or leaving people behind who don’t appreciate your journey
13. Family is chosen through loyalty and love. Blood ties mean nothing.
14. Never trust people who don’t believe in magic at least to some degree!! (The worst kind of muggles)
15. The more you try to oppress your true self the more miserable your life will become. Fitting in is overrated sometimes!
16. Soulmates are definitely more than just lovers or romantic partners. Sometimes people come into your life for a reason, be it a chapter or a lifetime, and that’s ok. We learn lessons from them.
17. “We accept the love we think we deserve”. Until you learn your true value and stand up for what you’re worth it will be hard for people to treat you as such. You deserve to be treated the way you are in your wildest dreams.
18. Trust your gut instincts, but know how to distinguish them from anxiety. I truly believe that all beings are born with a sixth sense to some degree that is knocked out of them by society. If something feels wrong, it probably is- but don’t let your anxiety imitate this power.
19. A simple compliment can make someone’s whole day better. There’s so much power in that. If you can make someone happy, always do so. (The greatest NYE Resolution I ever made)
20. White, Black, Asian, fat, thin, ugly, pretty. We all look the same when we are skeletons in the ground. Always do your best not to judge people by their exterior.
21. Try new cultures. When travelling, immerse yourself into something new. Don’t just go to a foreign country to dine on burgers and chips, or to enter nightclubs that are exactly the same as the ones back home. There are so many interesting stories and things to learn about new people and places. Give it a chance.
22. No matter how much you want something, it won’t come to you unless you work for it.
23. There is always hope.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post, or at least found something that resonates with you a little!
See you next time!
Love From Frankii x